Three-time Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter, New York Times best selling poet, and critically acclaimed actress are only a few titles held by Jill Scott. Named People Magazine’s Top TV Breakout Star of 2010, Jill has been featured in every major magazine. Before having her recent album, The Light Of The Sun become the #1 record in the country and performing at The White House, the triple threat began her career collaborating with musical icons. With a background in musical theatre, Jill started her career as part of the Canadian cast of RENT, and has gone on to grow her true multimedia brand across books, clothing, TV and film. Her television credits include lead role in the HBO/BBC mini series filmed on location in Botswana, The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency, a Peabody Award-winning show. As well as Showtime’s Cavedweller and LMN’s Sins of The Mother for which she earned a NAACP Image Award and also became the second –most watched premiere in the networks history. For film, Scott has appeared in Hounddog, Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? and Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married Too?
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Lupita Nyong'o rocks an LBD at the Sindika Dokolo Art Foundation dinner at Cafe Royal in London. http://t.co/8yBi3NHrj5
- @essencefest: Fashion Statement: #EssenceFest alum Mary J Blige at the Alexander Wang X H&M Launch in New York City. http://t.co/zWWMaqDge7
- @essencefest: Speaker for the day: Robin Roberts delivered the keynote speech at the Pennsylvania Conference for Women in Philadelphia....
- @essencefest: Celeb for a Cause: Halle Berry at God's Love We Deliver, Golden Heart Awards in New York City. http://t.co/PLVelEkLi4
- @essencefest: From the City of Brotherly Love - let's give it up for today's #EyeCandy: actor Kevin Moore. http://t.co/NgN257TYLD http://t.co/AP7eFVqxFH
- @essencefest: Class Photo: The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls 2014 graduating class in South Africa with their founder. http://t.co/SjRLrT1pU4
- @essencefest: @TammieHolland http://t.co/JfmkgbIQvP
- @essencefest: Celeb for a Cause: actor/activist Jesse Williams was captured in this touching photo during #FergusonOctober in St. Louis....