Three-time Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter, New York Times best selling poet, and critically acclaimed actress are only a few titles held by Jill Scott. Named People Magazine’s Top TV Breakout Star of 2010, Jill has been featured in every major magazine. Before having her recent album, The Light Of The Sun become the #1 record in the country and performing at The White House, the triple threat began her career collaborating with musical icons. With a background in musical theatre, Jill started her career as part of the Canadian cast of RENT, and has gone on to grow her true multimedia brand across books, clothing, TV and film. Her television credits include lead role in the HBO/BBC mini series filmed on location in Botswana, The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency, a Peabody Award-winning show. As well as Showtime’s Cavedweller and LMN’s Sins of The Mother for which she earned a NAACP Image Award and also became the second –most watched premiere in the networks history. For film, Scott has appeared in Hounddog, Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? and Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married Too?
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Baller: Matt Kemp on from the sideline at the National Football League Monday Night Football game in Pittsburgh. http://t.co/Mau60589Bo
- @essencefest: Hip Hop Flavor: T.I. and Shad Moss (the artist formerly know as Bow Wow) hanging in New York City. http://t.co/yzDJ3TMkMR
- @essencefest: Pop of Color: LeToya Luckett at the 'Turn It Up For Change' Ball Benefiting LGBT Equality in New York City. http://t.co/TLyGFIvWUy
- @essencefest: So Chic: Robin Roberts at the Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards at The Waldorf Astoria in New York City. http://t.co/ypk3PlMrqy
- @essencefest: Hair and There: Chrisette Michele at the 2014 Restore Brooklyn Benefit at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City. http://t.co/bHsEPRz5wc
- @essencefest: #JustEngaged! Jamila Phillips and Washington Redskins' Chris Baker. http://t.co/Lzlu7F3vIs http://t.co/xOhVkpLkus
- @essencefest: Celeb visit: Tamar Braxton stopped by ESSENCE to talk about the third season of her hit reality show "Tamar & Vince". http://t.co/q2itJrUnFc
- @essencefest: Style Icon: The world remembers #OscarDeLaRenta. Check out some of our fav celebs in some of his amazing looks. http://t.co/7TJjwc3sJS...