Three-time Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter, New York Times best selling poet, and critically acclaimed actress are only a few titles held by Jill Scott. Named People Magazine’s Top TV Breakout Star of 2010, Jill has been featured in every major magazine. Before having her recent album, The Light Of The Sun become the #1 record in the country and performing at The White House, the triple threat began her career collaborating with musical icons. With a background in musical theatre, Jill started her career as part of the Canadian cast of RENT, and has gone on to grow her true multimedia brand across books, clothing, TV and film. Her television credits include lead role in the HBO/BBC mini series filmed on location in Botswana, The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency, a Peabody Award-winning show. As well as Showtime’s Cavedweller and LMN’s Sins of The Mother for which she earned a NAACP Image Award and also became the second –most watched premiere in the networks history. For film, Scott has appeared in Hounddog, Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? and Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married Too?
- @essencefest: Quiet Storm: Come on home to me, Charlene..... http://t.co/3IlK4g5awc
- @essencefest: We're slowing down today's afternoon jam just a tad! His name is Charlie, last name Wilson... http://t.co/uj1jDPTNPN
- @essencefest: @ShePrissy1 two solid selections!
- @essencefest: Here's a glimpse at some of the James Brown's original costumes we saw at #ESSENCEFest. Who's ready for #GetOnUp?! http://t.co/eWGa901Lb9
- @essencefest: RT @CuzICan_DJ: WATCH: @RealMichelleW Performing At @essencefest 2014; Read: http://t.co/5zlkdTUFVx via @djmusicsite @unexpectedMW http://?
- @essencefest: RT @joetnewman: Great shot by @chadoubre during our @essencefest trip. http://t.co/XEOVpe3PRD
- @essencefest: Quiet Storm: "Smooth Operator" by the one and only Sade. http://t.co/vEkjAaDZSc
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: "Love of My Life" by Common feat. Ms. Badu. (Common's new joint drops tomorrow!) http://t.co/zabFl1ZYDG