You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re making travel more accessible in Mexico, celebrating girl power in the friendly skies and exploring the wonders of Kenya. Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
Article continues after video.
- Just 5 Percent of U.S. Pilots Are Women, but Delta’s Trying to Change That — Starting With This All-female Crew
Delta celebrated International Girls in Aviation Day by flying 120 girls between ages 12 and 18 to NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Texas with its Women Inspiring our Next Generation or WING program.
- Spend the Night in a Real-life Version of ‘The Addams Family’ Mansion This Halloween
Located in a 19th-century townhouse in Brooklyn’s historic Cobble Hill neighborhood, this spooky manor will feature plenty of nods to each individual member of the Addams Family.
- Tulum is Trying to Become Quintana Roo’s First Truly Disability-Friendly City
The city has implemented specific measures to make its sites and streets more accessible to those with disabilities, including a fully-inclusive beach, and special traffic lights for the blind and visually impaired.
- ‘Serial Stowaway’ Strikes Once Again in Chicago
Marilyn Hartman, 67, was arrested at Chicago O’Hare International Airport on Friday night, once again attempting to pass through security with neither an identification nor boarding pass.
- FLIGHT DEAL: American: New York – Madrid, Spain. $362 (Regular Economy) / $272 (Basic Economy). Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Korean Air – $650: San Francisco – Phuket, Thailand. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Washington DC to Nairobi, Kenya for only $568 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Boston to the US Virgin Islands for only $274 roundtrip