You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re clearing up rumors in the Dominican Republic, claiming overhead bin space on flights and chasing the sun in Bali. Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- FBI Toxicology Tests Find US Tourists Deaths in Dominican Republic Consistent With Natural Causes
The results of toxicology tests performed on tourists who died in the Dominican Republic in separate incidents this year are “consistent with natural causes,” according to media reports in the U.S. and the Dominican Republic.
- Qantas sets record with nearly 20-hour commercial flight from New York to Sydney
The Boeing 787 Dreamliner touched down in Sydney early Sunday morning after a flight of 19 hours and 16 minutes — the world’s longest.
- This Cruise Passenger’s Instagram Photoshoot Got Her Banned From Royal Caribbean for Life
A passenger aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise has been banned for life after climbing over the railing of her balcony while posing for a photo.
- There’s a New $59 Trick to Boarding Early on Every Delta Flight
Delta Air Lines just rolled out a new offer where flyers can access Main Cabin 1 boarding status for just $59 a year.
- FLIGHT DEAL: Non-stop from New York to Madrid, Spain for only $259 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Chicago to Bali, Indonesia for only $618 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Phoenix – Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. $434. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: San Francisco – Milan, Italy. $514 (Regular Economy) / $459 (Basic Economy). Roundtrip, including all Taxes