is_singular( 'article' ): 1
Article video enabled.
jwplayer : 5503
Article has inline video, so at the end.
You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re celebrating nonstop flights to Cape Town, taking selfies to the next level and dreaming of an island escape to St. Thomas. Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- United’s Newark-Cape Town nonstop to return for 2020-21 season
United Airlines Flight 1122 departed Newark Liberty International Airport bound for Cape Town, marking the first time United Airlines has operated service to South Africa.
- China Is Getting the World’s Largest River Cruise Ship
The Victoria Sabrina, U.S.-based Victoria Cruises’ most opulent ship yet, will sail on China’s Yangtze River in the spring and utilize environmentally friendly technologies
- Hotel Near LAX Is Giving Uber and Lyft Riders Free Drinks For Braving the Airport’s New Rideshare Policies
The AC Hotel Los Angeles South Bay, which is less than two miles from LAX, wants to help travelers relax after the stress of dealing with the airport’s new taxi process with a free cocktail named “LAXit,” for everyone that took Uber or Lyft to the hotel.
- The final selfie frontier: app takes pictures from 36,000km up in space
Spelfie.com allows users to take a selfie at the exact time that a satellite camera captures their location from space.
- FLIGHT DEAL: United / Swiss: Washington D.C. – Dubai, United Arab Emirates. $662. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: American: San Francisco – St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. $392 (Regular Economy) / $332 (Basic Economy). Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Non-stop from New York to Paris, France for only $274 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Denver, Colorado to Barcelona, Spain for only $346 roundtrip