is_singular( 'article' ): 1
Article video enabled.
jwplayer : 5431
Article has inline video, so at the end.
You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re paying the price for ethical travel in Indonesia, dreading LAX pickups and planning to ring in 2020 amidst the sunshine of South Africa. Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- LAX to end curbside pickup for taxi, ride-hailing passengers
Beginning Oct. 29, all taxi, Lyft, Uber and other ride-hailing pickups will move to the new “LAX-it” lot, a dedicated pickup space adjacent to Terminal 1 at the airport.
- You Can Now Take an Uber Helicopter to JFK in 8 Minutes
All New York City Uber customers can now take a helicopter from downtown Manhattan to John F. Kennedy International Airport via the ride-share app.
- Will a $1,000 entrance fee to a national park save the Komodo dragon?
To protect Komodo Island’s dragons, the Indonesian government wants to limit the number of tourists allowed to visit there and the qualification to get in will come with a hefty price tag.
- Spirit Announces Two New Destinations from San Juan
Beginning December 19, 2019, Spirit Airlines will offer daily nonstop service from Newark Liberty International Airport and Boston Logan International Airport to San Juan’ Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport.
- FLIGHT DEAL: American – $347: Los Angeles – Bogota, Colombia. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Air France – $614: Seattle – Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: New York to Johannesburg, South Africa for only $613 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Non-stop from New York to Havana, Cuba for only $294 roundtrip