You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re packing light thanks to a designer upgrade, thankful for new airline seat designs and planning to trips across the pond to merry ol’ England. Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- You Can Now Get Rent The Runway Pieces Delivered To Your Hotel Room
Travelers can book a stay at W Aspen, W South Beach, W Washington D.C. and W Hollywood and select Rent The Runway items to be delivered directly to their hotel room for only $69.
- Air New Zealand Introduces Edible Coffee Cups to Help Reduce Waste
The airline introduced its own edible coffee cups for both in-flight and on-ground service to further enhance its sustainability offerings. The move could help cut more than eight million coffee cups from their trash each year.
- New airplane seat design will make it easier to sleep in economy
A new seat design comes with an innovative solution to this inflight issue, using “padded wings” that fold out from behind both sides of the seat back — allowing both for additional privacy and a cushioned spot to rest heads for some shut-eye.
- Massive, Magical Ice Castles Are Opening Around the U.S. and Canada This Winter
In each location, guests can expect one-of-a-kind mazes, light shows, events, and more. However, the construction of each spot is entirely unique thanks to the differing local climates.
- FLIGHT DEAL: Non-stop from New York to London, UK for only $309 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: United / All Nippon Airways: Chicago – Bangkok, Thailand. $583. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Las Vegas to Mexico City, Mexico for only $194 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Baltimore to Hawaii (& vice versa) for only $488 roundtrip