The fourth day of the Michael Jackson’s doctor, Conrad Murray, trial concluded this past Friday after turning the spotlight on Murray’s personal life. Two of Murray’s current mistresses and a former one were called to the stand.

Nicole Alvarez, 29, gave the most extensive testimony. The couple met in 2005 at the gentleman’s club in Las Vegas where Alvarez was working. In March 2009 she gave birth to Murray’s seventh child and said during her testimony that she was planning to take the baby to London with Murray for Jackson’s concerts at the O2 Arena. Murray, 57, is still married to Blanche Bolick, a medical-school classmate.

According to the “LA Times,” Alvarez was a “prickly” and at times “hostile” witness for the prosecution. The most revealing part of her testimony came when Deputy Dist. Atty. Deborah Brazil presented packing slips showing six deliveries from a Las Vegas pharmacy—the pharmacy where Murray ordered propofol, the powerful anesthetic used for surgery. The delivery was sent to the apartment Alvarez shared with Murray in Las Vegas. Alvarez said Murray made her aware of the shipments, but she never opened the boxes or looked closely at the return address. Although, she knew her boyfriend was treating the singer, she didn’t know any of the specifics.

“Dr. Murray and I were on a need-to-know basis,” Alvarez testified. “He’s a professional man, and I know my position and my place in his life, and it is not my duty to know the details of his medical practice.”

It was Murray’s other current girlfriend, Sade Anding’s, testimony that TMZ called the “smoking gun” in Jackson’s death. Anding, a cocktail waitress, was in Houston the day Jackson died and testified she received a call from Murray around 12:30 p.m. At first she said Murray was asking her about her day and then realized Murray wasn’t on the phone anymore.

“I heard commotion as if the phone was in a pocket or something,” Anding said about the call that lasted for about five minutes. “I remember saying, ‘Hello, hello, hello! Are you there?'”

What makes Anding’s testimony peculiar is that phone records only show one call to her from Murray and that was at 11:51 a.m—not 12:30 p.m. as Anding recalls. As TMZ pieces together, the 911 call wasn’t made until 12:21 p.m., which means if Murray did first realize Jackson was in distress around 11:55 a.m., there was a long delay in calling for help. 


Loading the player...