is_singular( 'article' ): 1
Article video enabled.
brightcove : 5108
Article has inline video, so at the end.
Happy Friday! We’ve made it to the final stretch of the year. Christmas is right around the corner and the New Year is almost here. End the work week with the latest news and entertainment popping today!
1.Oprah has had it with scammers using her name to trick fans. The media mogul urged fans to be cautious in a video shared to Instagram and to ignore requests from bogus sites asking for personal information under the guise of a giveaway. (Instagram)
2. Beyoncé, The Weeknd, and Eminem are rumored to be headlining Coachella. The Lemonade singer was set to headline last year but delayed her performance after revealing she was pregnant. Reps for the festival have not commented on the reports. (Consequence of Sound)
3. Leaked emails revealing disturbing slut-shaming, fat-shaming, and name calling between Miss America CEO Sam Haskell, pageant writer Lewis Friedman, and board members have been brought to light. In the disturbing emails contestants are referred to as “c–ts” and even laughed at as one person suggests that one of the women should die. (HuffPost)
4. Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter is stepping down just weeks after making controversial remarks about the NFL. Things have been rocky for the pizza chain as they face declining sales. Schnatter is set to be replaced by the company’s chief operating officer, Steve Ritchie. (NPR)
5. Angela Simmons and her son Sutton Joseph were twinning during a recent visit to see Santa. The pair wore matching denim and Timbs and little Sutton looked adorable in his photo with Mr. Claus. (Instagram)
6. Producer and The Internet singer-songwriter Steve Lacy is inspiring fans with his new TED Talk. Lacy encourages artists to use the tools they already have to get creative. Lacy discuss his process and using an iPhone to create music. (Pigeons and Planes)
7. The trailer for Nash Edgerton’s Gringo has dropped and it features David Oleyowo, Charlize Theron, and Nash’s brother Joel in a film about an ordinary businessman who becomes a criminal during a trip to Mexico. (YouTube)
8. Director X is in talks to direct a remake of cult hit Super Fly. A script for the remake is already in the works and Grown-ish actor Trevor Jackson is rumored to be in the run as the film’s lead, Youngblood Priest. (Deadline)
9. Kendrick Lamar and Rihanna took the stage at Top Dawg Entertainment’s annual holiday party and toy drive to perform hit song “Loyalty.” Rihanna also performed a number of other hits including “Wild Thoughts” and recently released “Lemon.” (HotNewHipHop)
10. Ford Motor Co. CEO Jim Hacket has addressed recent allegations of sexual harassment within the company. In a letter to employees, Hacket apologized to employees who’ve faced harassment at the company and stated, “There is absolutely no room for harassment at Ford Motor Company. We don’t want you here, and we will move you out for engaging in any behavior like this.” (Detroit News)