The actress says her run on the BET series was "incredible," but she's ready for new projects.
It’s Hump Day and we may need an extra shot of espresso this morning:
- Tia Mowry’s time on BET’s hit series The Game has come to an end. The actress tweeted the disappointing news last night: “Just wanted to let all my fans know that I will not be returning to The Game for season 6. It was an incredible run and I had lots of fun… I am looking forward to my upcoming projects… the release of my book #OhBaby.” Rumor has it that Pooch Hall may be next to exit the show. [Twitter]
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon were the highest bidder on a pair of Project Canvas shoes this past week. The couple paid a whopping $21,000 for the shoes at a charity event benefiting the Urban Arts Partnership. [People]
- The annual Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation gala raised over $700K for the couple’s mentorship programs – The Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men and Girls Who Rule the World Mentoring Weekend. Click here to see all of the glitz and glamour of the event. [Eurweb]
- Dancing with the Stars will return with its first ever all-star line-up this fall. Fan favorites from the past 14 seasons will return for one show-stopping season. [CNN]
- It’s just six months until elections and President Obama is doing his best to keep his re-election campaign well funded. POTUS raised $43.6M in the month of April. “This election is going to be close, given the historic challenges this country faced when the President came into office,” said his campaign manager, Jim Messina. [HuffPost]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!