Artest eliminated from 'DWTS,' Gayle King sued, and much more...
See what’s got us all excited this hump day:
- Ron Artest — aka Metta World Peace — was the first celeb eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” last night, a day after the show’s season premiere. Sporting a new blonde look, Artest’s cha-cha-cha didn’t do much to impress judges, or the audience. “I had a great time,” said Artest. [ABC]
- Keyshia Cole is looking at a February 2012 release for her next album. With a new reality show and second wedding in the works, it looks like the new mom has a lot on her plate. We can’t wait to hear. [The Grape Juice]
- A matchmaker is suing Gayle King for not getting her the ultimate hook-up: a spot on the Oprah show. According to court papers, Orly Hadida claims she waived her fee and set up King with several “attractive, fit, and wealthy men” in exchange for an appearance on her BFF’s now defunct talk show. Oy vey, this one could get sticky! [TMZ]
- Rapper 50 Cent is set to play a pimp in a biopic of notorious Alaska’s serial killer, Robert Hansen. Nicolas Cage will also star in the film about the man who confessed to killing 17 women. [The Grio]
- Mel B and hubby Stephen Belafonte showed off their newborn daughter Madison, born two-and-a-half weeks ago. Mel says this was one of her best pregnancies because she finally found the right partner. [People]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!