Take a look at why we’re dipping scones in our morning brew:
- Mr and Mrs. Obama are overseas this week meeting and greeting all across Europe. The First Couple made a pit stop in London to meet with newlyweds William and Kate before heading to a special lunch hosted by the Queen at Buckingham Palace. This is the first time the Obamas are meeting the newlyweds — remember they weren’t invited to their wedding. The Obamas are said to be spending two nights at Buckingham Palace — fancy, right? Just yesterday the Obamas spent the day in Ireland and even discovered Barack’s Irish heritage. [People]
- Last night the NBA fined another player for foul language. This time Chicago Bulls Joakim Noah was fined $50K for an anti-gay slur at a fan. According to the NBA, Noah was fined “for using derogatory and offensive term from the bench.” [Eurweb]
- Lenny Kravitz will play a fashion stylist in his upcoming film “Hunger Games.” Cinna will be his name and he apparently designs costumes for the lead character to wear during her “hunger games.” [Pop Eater]
- It was only six months ago that Monica and Shannon Brown tied the knot! Monica tweeted, “Today 6 months ago, we said I DO… God is so powerful, he’s all knowing. His plan 4 us is greater than the 1 we have 4 self.” [Urban Daily]
- Nelson Mandela made a surprise visit to his hometown of Transkei on Sunday. He surprisingly didn’t notify the airport in advance. He was recently spotted on Monday when he voted in local governmental elections. Good to see him doing better. [Black Voices]
- Spike Lee is still taking punches at former President George W. Bush. Last night the film director received a Peabody Award and went on to say, “Under the direction… of President George W. Bush it took the United States government five days to come to rescue of its American citizens. Five days.” Lee makes some pretty interesting yet valid points. [Huffington Post]
- Jennifer Hudson is busy promoting her album across the glob, but took time for a very personal and intimate performance of “Hallelujah.” Check it out below.