It’s Tuesday morning, which means you’ve made it through Monday and, honestly, you deserve a pat on the back just for that. In this morning’s round-up we’ve got Taco Bell Kit Kat quesadillas, a possible Beyoncé and Cardi B collab, and more.
1. Erykah Badu will be back to host BET’s Soul Train Awards for the third consecutive year. In 2015, she hosted the award show and fired shots at rapper Iggy Azalea. For her second run as host in 2016, Badu and D.R.A.M. performed their hit, “Wifi.” What will Badu have up her sleeve this year? (Billboard)
2. Are we getting a Beyoncé and Cardi B collab?! Cardi’s engineer, Michael Ashby, hinted via Instagram that a big feature is in the works, now fans believe that Bey and Cardi could be working on a track together. We’ll just have to wait and see. (HotNewHipHop)
3. Colin Kaepernick is shopping around a book. The former NFL player has reportedly been meeting with publishers with a source revealing he’s been “taking meetings with publishers in the New York offices of WME.” (Page Six)
4. Because we are no longer living in the Lord’s light, Taco Bell is testing Kit Kat quesadillas in Wisconsin. The quesadilla is simply melted Kit Kats sandwiched between flour tortillas. A representative for the company told Mashable that plans for future testing and a possible menu change depend on customer response. (Mashable)
5. Issa Rae is developing a new drama for HBO, which will follow an African-American family living in turbulent 1990s Los Angeles. Author Angela Flournoy is set to write and executive produce the project. (Deadline)
6. Toya Wright is moving past her beef with Tamar Braxton. In a clip posted by Sister Circle TV, Wright wished Braxton “much success” and hinted that there are no ill feelings toward the singer and TV personality. “I would like to say that I wish Tamar Braxton the best. I have nothing negative to say about her. I think she’s an amazing singer, very talented. I wish her much success.” (Sister Circle TV)
7. Diana Ross was on grandma duty as she cuddled up with her granddaughter and spent time with family. Evan Ross shared the adorable photo of his mom and daughter, “THIS PHOTO is everything to ME!!!! So much love. MY MOM loving on my baby girl!!!!! EVERYTHING.” (Instagram)
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!