Rowland says celebrity trainer Jeanette Jenkins taught her how eat healthier.
Black Women in Music honoree Kelly Rowland stopped by Chelsea Lately to discuss her Grammy nomination and her rock hard abs.
Rowland shared how difficult it was getting artists to make cameos on songs but Lil Wayne willingly jumped on the Grammy nominated song, “Motivation.” From there, the former Destiny’s Child member detailed how she got such a fab body. She told Chelsea she learned the 80/20 rule from celebrity trainer, Jeanette Jenkins. “First of all I love sweets, I love cookies, I love cakes, I love pies, I sugar, I love candy — I love anything that has sugar in it. I had to cut all of that off. “
She effectively replaced 80% of her diet with health items leaving 20% for the sweets. “I was a crazy person and mean as hell, but I did it. And I got those results,” she said.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!