- Jennifer Hudson’s “Behind the Music” aired on VH1 last night. The Oscar and Grammy winner spoke about the murders of her mother, brother and nephew saying, “It was like I was outside of myself.
“…For almost two weeks straight … [I was] inside one room with just family and friends coming in and out. I prayed when I’d get up in the morning and prayed before I laid down at night.” [People]
- The-Dream’s new album “Love King” is out today. The singer-songwriter spoke to us about marriage, fatherhood and the album of course.
- If you heard part of Andre 3000’s cover of the Beatles’ “All Together Now” in Nike’s Kobe Bryant commercial, you’re probably heading to iTunes right now to download the full version. [Prefix]
- Dwele’s album “W.ants W.orld W.omen” drops today too.
- Just after the anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death, someone has vandalized the Pop King’s Las Vegas home with “illegible” graffiti. [AOLBV] [TMZ]
- Kobe Bryant spent some time in South Africa watching the 2010 World Cup. In an interview with CNN, Bryant said that he’s always loved soccer.” AC Milan was always my favorite team growing up,” he said. [CNN]
- After falling to take the number two spot last year, Oprah Winfrey is back on the top of Forbes’ Celebrity 100 list with Beyonce in a close second. [People]
- Niecy Nash won a 2010 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Class Special for her Style Network show “Clean House: The Messiest Home in the Country.” You go Niecy!
- The former Sam’s Hof Brau stripper who claims Dr. Conrad Murray was at the adult club drinking hours before Michael Jackson died is also claiming that she was at MJ’s house. She says the doc. invited her. [TMZ]
- Gary Coleman’s ex-wife Shannon Price spoke up about the secret restraining order that Coleman had drawn up against her a few months before he died, saying that the former “Diff’rent Strokes” star’s lawyer was behind it all. [Radar]
- Lauryn Hill spoke about why she left the music scene, saying, “The support system that I needed was not necessarily in place. There were things about myself, personal-growth things that I had to go through in order to feel like I was worth it.” The singer hinted that she might be ready to record again. [PH]
- The convicts in the Philippines’ Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center got together for another Michael Jackson tribute on Saturday to dance to “They Don’t Care About Us,” “Billie Jean” and “Thriller.” In January 2010, Jackson’s choreographer surprised the prisoners with a choreography lesson for “They Don’t Care About Us” — check out the video below. [NYT]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!