The Grammy singer will join Earth Wind & Fire and more on October 7.
See what we’re chatting about over a cup of hot coffee:
• Jennifer Hudson will sing at President Obama’s upcoming fundraising concert on Oct. 7. She’ll take the stage alongside Earth Wind and Fire, Katy Perry, Bon Jovi and more. The star studded jam-session will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. Ticket prices begin at $44. A swanky $25K a plate dinner will be held after the concert. [Hollywood Reporter]
• In other Jennifer Hudson news, her long awaited biopic about Winnie Mandela, Winnie, will finally hit U.S. theaters in November. Writer and director Darrell Roodt spoke about his character choices saying, “Terrence Howard is my all-time favorite actor… and Jennifer, when I saw her in Dreamgirls I was busy writing Winnie at that time, and I said this is a really interesting human being.” [Shadow & Act]
• Lee Daniels says he’s thoroughly enjoying working with Oprah on The Butler. He told the Huffington Post, “She’s a monster, man! She’s bringing it and I’m really proud of her… We’re having a good time and I think that she’s able to escape the pressures of being Oprah while on my set, because she’s able to sort of be the character. Which is really nice to witness. I wrote this film for her.” [Huffington Post]
• Tameka Raymond is ready to open up about her custody battle, the death of her son and more. Raymond sat down with Entertainment Tonight to share her side of the story in response to Usher’s Oprah’s Next Chapter interview. The first of the three-part series will air tonight. [YBF]
• Chris Brown violated his probation. He tested positive for marijuana and will now face the consequences at an upcoming probation violation hearing on November 1. Brown told the judge that he ingested the drugs in California where he reportedly has a medical marijuana card. [CNN]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!