We asked. You answered! We wanted to know: What are the hair products that you can’t live without? According to your overwhelming responses, here are the top ten picks that you rely on for head-turning hair!
1. Mizani Rose H2O Conditioning Hairdress ($17.99, target.com)
“I place a small amount in my palms and rub through my scalp and then wrap my hair with a silk scarf. The results are wonderful! I get so many compliments on the luster and healthiness of my hair.”–Jacqueline, 33, Memphis, TN
2. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Home Relaxer Kit ($7.49, amazon.com)
3. Carmelux Deep Penetrating Treatment Shampoo ($26.50, etaeproducts.com)
4. Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner (10 oz., $16.99, mixedchicks.net).
“I am biracial with a ton of very fine hair. I used to relax it for 20 years but then I went natural. Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner is fantastic. I finally have long, even and soft curls.”–Rita, 20, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
5. Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Intensive Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner ($4.99 each, cvs.com)
6. Let’s Jam Styling Gel ($3.99, walgreens.com)
7. Cantu Shea Butter Hair Dressing Pomade ($2.99, drugstore.com)
“My main objective is to ensure my [relaxed] hair stays healthy. Cantu provides my hair with enough moisture to my ends… and helps with the flyaways too. “–Letia, 46, Danbury, CT
8. Jane Carter Nourish & Shine ($22, janecartersolution.com)
9. Kinky-Curly Knot Today (8 oz., $12)and Kinky Curly Curling Custard (16 oz., $29.99, curlmart.com)
10. Paul Mitchell Straight Works ($17.95, paulmitchell.com for salons)
“It’s the perfect solution to control frizz with natural hair. Hands down it’s the best product that I’ve ever used. My hair is never greasy or sticky after using it.”–Tsahia, 27, Brooklyn
Here are some other products that you gave rave reviews.
1. Vitapointe Creme Hairdress & Conditioner ($4.59, sallybeauty.com)
2. KeraCare Styling Wax Stick ($16.39, sleekhair.com)
3. Dark & Lovely Beautiful Beginnings Edge Tamer and Protector ($3.49, walgreens.com)
4. L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme hair color in Dark Auburn ($8.99, drugstore.com).
5. Rusk Define ($14.40, beautystoredepot.com)
6. Barry Fletcher Loc-Set Serum (4 oz., $10, barryfletcherproducts.com).
7. Aveda Control Paste ($22, aveda.com)
8. Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk ($12-$18, carolsdaughter.com)
9. Isoplus Wrapping Lotion ($2.7, walgreens.com)
10. Design Essentials Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner ($9, designessentials.com)
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!