Rihanna and Jennifer Hudson could be competing to play Whitney Houston in a biopic.
Check out what flavor coffee we’ve got brewing:
- The blogosphere is buzzing with news that Rihanna, Jennifer Hudson, Vivica A. Fox, and Jordin Sparks are possibly being considered to play the late Whitney Houston in a biopic. It’s unclear which of these leading ladies will actually win the role, but who do you think has the chops to get it done? [Entertainment Weekly]
- In other Whitney Houston news, the Sparkle production team is working around the clock to get the film completed to avoid any leaks. As a precaution, security is being tightened in the building where the film is currently being edited. [TMZ]
- Cuba Gooding Jr. is getting his own TV show. The Oscar winner is set to play a district attorney who uses unique methods to solve cases he’s been banned from. The drama series is called Guilty and will air on Fox. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Andre 3000 is squashing rumors that Outkast is reuniting. “There’s been a lot of talk on the internet about an Outkast album and I have to say that, as of now, there are no plans for another Outkast album,” he says. [Perez Hilton]
- Nicki Minaj’s Twitter followers attacked Jill Scott last night after the Philly singer expressed her opinion on Minaj’s Grammy performance. “Art for art’s sake I suppose. She has the right to express herself and she took that right. Nuff said,” tweeted Scott. [Urban Daily]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!