Tyler Perry may have given Bobbi Kristina her first acting gig.
See why we’re stopping at Starbucks:
- Could Bobbi Kristina be headed to the small screen? Some news outlets are reporting that Whitney Houston’s daughter has landed a role in Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse series on TBS. She did say at the end of her quick interview with Oprah that she wanted to follow in the footsteps of her mother. [Madame Noire]
- Despite a string of not so hot movies at the box office, Eddie Murphy could star alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito in a squeal to Twins called Triplets. [Huffington Post]
- Chris Rock is taking his creative talents to television. The comedian is set to executive produce a brand new late-night talk show. Politics, pop culture, race, religion, sex and the media are all expected to be discussed. It’s set to begin airing this August. [The Root]
- Does Toni Braxton want out of the third season of Braxton Family Values? She told Wendy Williams during the show’s reunion special, “It is extremely invasive. Everywhere you go in life it’s ‘there,’ and for me, I don’t like that… over time you forget that the cameras are there, and then you become completely open and… you’re exposed,” she claims. [Huffington Post]
- Celebrity baby names are hot news this year and Ne-Yo has revealed why he named his second son, Mason Evan. “We needed him to have a name that felt like a gentleman, like somebody you have to respect,” he says. [People]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!