Whitney Houston becomes the first woman to have three albums on the Billboard 200 chart.
TGIF! See why we’re adding a few lumps of sugar:
- Whitney Houston is the first woman in history to have three albums in the top 10 on the Billboard 200 chart. Currently sitting at number two is Whitney: The Greatest Hits. The Bodyguard soundtrack is at number six, and her debut album, Whitney Houston, sits comfortably at number nine. [Perez Hilton]
- Keshia Knight Pulliam is being sued by her former agents for allegedly not paying up in overdue commission. G&A wants more than $100K in back payments plus another $250K Pulliam stands to earn from future work on Tyler Perry’s House of Payne. [EURweb]
- The Apollo theater is going digital. The famous brand has added a website, mobile app, and partnership with the Hackney Empire for a 2012 Summer Olympic competition in London. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Halle Berry has fired her longtime lawyer, Neal Hersh, in favor of a more famous and somewhat cut-throat attorney, Stephen Kolodny. The two went to dependency court to have visitation restrictions placed on Gabriel Aubry. [TMZ]
- On Saturday at 10 p.m., Centric TV will air a Teena Marie documentary called Being Teena Marie. The special will follow her career from beginning to end. [EURweb]
- CeeLo Green will publish his own memoir in the coming months. The singer has inked a deal with Grand Central Publishing to tell his life story. “Forget you? After reading my book, there will be no doubt that I am meant to be. You will enter into the supernatural, the surreal and extraordinary,” says Green. [Clutch Magazine]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!