The talk show host says she has more in common with moms in her neighborhood.
T.G.I.F.! Guess what flavor coffee we’re sipping on today:
• It’s hard to believe, but Wendy Williams doesn’t really have any celebrity friends. In fact, she told ABC News Radio that she doesn’t have any celebrity numbers in her phone. “We may be at a charity event later on in the week together, and we might drink white wine and giggle for that moment,” said Williams. “My closest women friends are moms in the school system where we live because I have more in common with them. I have celebrity girlfriends for their purpose of coming to the show.” [ABC]
• Chris Brown launched his brand new foundation, Symphonic Love Foundation, in Los Angeles earlier this week. Its mission is to create “arts programs for youth while encouraging everyday public service, respect and kindness.” Brown says art is such a major part of everyone’s life. “[It] influences every aspect of my life completely… Focusing on positivity and love helps you have respect for yourself and others.” [RTT News]
• Sheryl Lee Ralph has announced the details of the 22nd Annual DIVAS Simply Singing AIDS charity event. Ralph tapped Oleta Adams, Faith Evans, Angela Winbush, Tramaine Hawkins, Lalah Hathaway, Jennifer Lewis and others to perform and present at the event on December 1. [EURweb]
• Rihanna’s been touched by the devastation left by Hurricane Sandy. She announced yesterday during a live Facebook interview that she’s donating $100,000 to the food bank. She’ll also be holding a listening party at the 40/40 Club (for her new album) and has asked everyone attending to bring cleaning supplies for the Daily News Hurricane Relief Fund. [YBF]
• In other Rihanna news, she released the video for the lead single, “Diamonds,” off her upcoming album, Unapologetic. It’s a unique clip that features Rihanna surrounded by destruction. Check it out below.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!