A new class of celebrities are set to receive their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Check out why we’re having plain black coffee this morning:
- The list is in! The latest round of celebrities set to earn a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has been announced. Viola Davis, Steve Harvey, Jennifer Hudson, Usher and the late Luther Vandross will all receive stars. No official date for the ceremony has been announced. Congratulations to this year’s recipients. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Writer and social commentator Touré is set to join MSNBC’s newest roundtable talk show, The Cycle. The series is set to be hosted by four people sharing their views on current events. The Cycle debuts this Monday at 3 p.m. [Clutch Magazine]
- BeBe Winans will release a book about his friendship with the late Whitney Houston. Set to hit stores on July 31, the book will reveal intimate details about the singer’s life as well as her untimely death earlier this year. [EURweb]
- President Obama will visit the set of the new Jackie Robinson biopic this week. The film stars Harrison Ford (Robinson’s coach) and Chadwick Boseman (Robinson). Obama is said to be huge sports fan. His staff reportedly set up of the visit for him. It’s unclear if he will make a cameo in the film. [Huffington Post]
- BET continues to rebuild their The Game cast. The network announced the arrival of Jay Ellis who will be filling in for Pooch Hall in the show’s sixth season. Ellis will play Blue, an ivy league educated football player who also happens to be the league’s number one draft pick. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!