TGIF! Here’s what we’re chatting about over coffee this morning:
- We’re still getting over Tiny getting caught with her hands in T.I.’s, cookie jar, but she has something to celebrate now that her drug charges have been cleared. The L.A. District Attorney’s office says that Tiny has completed 24 sessions of a “certified drug diversion program.” Congrats to Tiny, this is certainly a giant weight lifted off her chest. Now, on to getting T.I. out of trouble for good. [TMZ]
- Legendary soul singer Betty Wright was recently signed to S-Curve Records. This comes on the heels of a Grammy nomination for Traditional R&B Vocal for “Go!” — a song about domestic violence. She’s currently hard at work on another album that will be released later this year. Go Betty!
- It’s been more than a year since Tiger Woods’ scandal shocked the world, but today he’s short one endorsement deal. Radar Online is reporting that the golf star’s contract with Golf Digest, the world’s largest golf magazine, has come to an end. He was reportedly being paid nearly $2 million dollars a year. Ouch! [Radar Online]
- Michael Jackson’s estate has filed papers to get Alejandra, the mother of Jermaine Jackson’s kids, out of their Encino compound. The papers are asking that Alejandra and her children, Jaafar, Jermasjesty, Genevieve, Donte and Randy Jr. leave the home while it’s being remodeled. [Radar Online]
- Kanye West has reportedly expressed interest in producing songs for Justin Bieber’s next album. This should make for a very interesting sound — and good music too! [Perez Hilton]
- Oprah spoke for nearly an hour at an event in Pasadena as she took questions from the media about her new network, OWN. In a poignant moment, she said she’d be satisfied “knowing that the viewers got what we’re trying to do.” In other Oprah news, she will be “Piers Morgan Tonight’s” first guest on January 17th. We’ll be watching. [Eurweb][Perez Hilton]
- Raphael Saddiq has announced he is working on a new album! “Stone Rollin'” will be released March 22, 2011. The lead single, “Radio,” has been released — and you can watch the video below. It’s a retro feel for the accomplished soul singer.