"The Help" earns four Golden Globe nominations, including one for Best Picture Drama.
Check out what we’re chatting about over coffee this morning:
- Hollywood can’t seem to get enough of “The Help.” The hit of the summer just picked up four Golden Globe nominations. Viola Davis is nominated for Best Actress in a Drama, while Octavia Spencer is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama. The film’s leading song “Living Proof,” by Mary J. Blige, also snagged a nomination for Best Original Song. To top it off, the “The Help” is nominated for Best Drama. [Hollywood Reporter]
- LaLa Vasquez says she told Kim Kardashian not to have kids with Kris Humphries. She tells Hollywood Life: “I knew that having a child, because I have one, is a huge responsibility and you’ve got to slow down on work. At least at the beginning and I didn’t think she was ready to do that yet. As her friend, I just gave her my honest advice.” [Hollywood Life]
- Rihanna is the most liked celebrity on Facebook in 2011. The pop superstar has an amazing 47,788,147 fans on the networking site. [EURweb]
- Denzel Washington’s next film could be an ’80s remake of the hit TV show “The Equalizer.” Sony Pictures has announced that they are backing Escape Artists, an independent film and television production company, to produce the film. There is no word on a who will direct it. [Bossip]
- Conrad Murray is asking for a court-appointed attorney to handle his appeal to his involuntary manslaughter charge. He’s currently serving four years in a California jail. We wonder why he got rid of his lawyers? [CNN]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!