- Michelle Obama sent her first tweet on Saturday night while at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner. Using CNN’s Ed Henry’s iPhone and Twitter account, @edhenrycnn, The First Lady tweeted, “from flotus (First Lady of the United States): ‘here at dinner this is official my first Tweet. I am looking forward to some good laughs from the potus and Jay,'” as comedian Jay Leno and White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs peered over her shoulder. [CNN]
- Pam Grier’s just-released her new memoir, “Foxy: My Life in Three Acts,” leaves no stone unturned in the dynamic 60-year-old actresses life — from a sexual assault at age 6 to her relationships with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Freddie Prinze and Richard Pryor. [NYT]
- Former fashion model Rosemary Kokuhilwa said it’s about time Africa got a “Vogue” after seeing Paris-based Camaroonian photographer Mario Epanya’s gorgeous “Vogue Africa” mock-ups. “Maybe in some way this will help bring us together as one, fashionably, I think Pan-Africanism),” Kokuhilwa wrote on her blog, striking a major online debate. Thoughts? [Jezebel]
- Check out photos of Queen Latifah, Common, Phylicia Rashad, Nick Cannon, Dwayne Wade, Toccara Jones, Laz Alonzo and others at the “Just Wright” movie premiere.
- The Alvin Ailey Dance Theater created a one of a kind experience with movement at last night’s Ailey At The Apollo event that raised scholarship funds for the Ailey School.
- The Time 100 Gala honored model/actvist Liya Kebede for her efforts to improve maternal health. Catch her on the red carpet. [TIME]
- Plus, Lauren London, LisaRaye McCoy and Stacey Dash are slated to star in a scripted VH1 TV show called “Single Ladies.” Think “Girlfrends” meets “Sex and the City” shaken up with “Living Single” or think prime time soap opera. [Vibe]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!