Steve Harvey wants his talk show to be like Oprah's.
Have a look at what exotic flavor of coffee we’re brewing:
- Details are emerging on Steve Harvey’s upcoming talk show. He tells TV News Check, “I want to do a daytime show that is inspirational, uplifting and insightful. Then, the twist I’m going to put on it is that, in the middle of the day, it’s going to be funny.” He says the show will be part Oprah, part Carol Burnett and part Conan O’Brian with a possibility of a little “American Idol.” [TV News Check]
- Tyler Perry has cast Romeo Miller as the lead in his new film, “Madea’s Witness Protection.” He will star alongside Eugene Levy, Denise Richards, Tom Arnold and more. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Jazz legend Miles Davis will be honored with a U.S. postal stamp. The collectable stamp is black and white and will be released this June. [The Root]
- The L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services is recommending that Nahla go to counseling. That’s the latest in a lengthy custody battle between Halle Berry and ex-boyfriend, Gabriel Aubry. Both parties are scheduled to appear in court today to determine if Berry’s request to block Aubry from seeing Nahla will be granted. [TMZ]
- Rutgers University in New Jersey plans to offer a course titled “Politicizing Beyonce” which explores the singer’s influence on gender, music and Western culture. Course topics will also cover Beyonce’s music videos and lyrics alongside readings from Black feminists including bell hooks, Alice Walker, and Sojourner Truth. [Rutgers University]
- The tax man continues to come for Bow Wow. A new tax lien was filed against the rapper, this time the state of Georgia claims he has $15,279 in unpaid taxes from 2008 and $19,700 in upaid taxes from 2010. [TMZ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!