See what we’re talking about over coffee:
• Soledad O’Brien announced yesterday she’s parting ways with CNN’s morning show, Starting Point. Although she won’t leave the network all together, CNN will help fund O’Brien’s new production company and will elicit her help in producing three documentaries. She will also continue to host CNN’s Black in America series. O’Brien’s new production company, Starfish Media Group, will produce movies, scripted TV, put on events and more. When asked if she’ll miss her morning post O’Brien replied, “I will not miss getting up that early, I cannot lie, not for a minute.” [Hollywood Reporter]
• Tomorrow night at 7 p.m. ET tune into Centric for a very special airing of Stevie Wonder’s United Nations Day Concert. Special guests include Sting, Paul Simon, Wyclef Jean, Elle Varner, BeBe Winans and more. The concert commemorated the founding of the United Nations (October 24, 1945) and celebrated the tremendous work the UN has done over the years. Tune in to see a stellar concert!
• Justin Timberlake is preparing for a TV takeover in the coming weeks. The blue-eyed soul singer will host and perform on the March 9th episode of Saturday Night Live. That same week, Timberlake will spend every evening performing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. [Rolling Stone]
• A brand new Cirque Du Soleil show featuring Michael Jackson’s music was announced in Las Vegas. The upcoming 90-minute spectacle including more than 60 dancers is said to be different from the existing Soleil show, Immortal. Tickets go on sale on March 7. The first show is scheduled to begin on June 29. [People]
• After winning her Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for her role in The Help, Octavia Spencer promised herself a breast lift. The rising star appeared on The View yesterday and announced she has gone through with the surgery. “I got them a little bit smaller, and a little lift,” said Spencer. “You probably can’t tell too much.” [EURweb]
• ESSENCE Festival performer Big Daddy Kane and his new group, Las Supper, have released new music for our enjoyment. Check out “I Believe in Love Again” from their upcoming album Back to the Future, set to be released on March 26. What do you think of the single?