Basketball Wives creator, Shauni O'Neal, is set to take her show to the silver screen.
See what we’ve got bubbling over this morning:
- Shaunie O’Neal has big plans in the works for Basketball Wives fans. She’s teaming up with Tracy Edmonds to bring a version of her life story to the silver screen. The film will follow a young woman who moves to Miami after her boyfriend is drafted to the NBA. The character is thrown into the world of professional sports and meets other basketball wives and of course, there will be drama. There’s no word on who will star in the film. [Variety]
- Shaquille O’Neal will be awarded a doctorate degree from Barry University in Miami Shores, Florida. Over the past four years, the former NBA player studied Organizational Learning and Leadership and earned a 3.8 GPA. [Bossip]
- The judge in the Jennifer Hudson family murder trial has decided to ban all cellphones in the courtroom. Reporters are allegedly breaking too many rules set by the judge before the trial – including excessive emailing and tweeting. [Grio]
- Former NFL linebacker Junior Seau died yesterday from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. He was 43. His former team, the San Diego Chargers, released a statement saying, “Everyone at the Charges is in complete shock and disbelief right now. We asked everyone to stop what they were doing and send their prayers to Junior and his family.” [EURweb]
- Melanie Fiona is talking about artists being exploited in the industry. She tells RagoLdn, “If you work with people who treat you like a person, as someone who has a living heart, with emotions and family and requires the natural things everybody needs in life – then you have people working in your best interests and I’m fortunate enough to have that.” [TGJ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!