Happy Tuesday, here’s a little coffee talk to sip on while you get settled in.
- Serena Williams gave Oprah a pedicure on her show. If you didn’t know, Serena Williams is currently taking classes to become a licensed technician in the nail arts. Congrats to Serena for trying something new — it’s definitely a must-see video. [Jezebel]
- Wyclef Jean has been hospitalized for stress and exhaustion. He’s resting at an undisclosed location. He’s said to be recording a new album. Get well soon! [Black Voices]
- NAACP President Benjamin T. Jealous spoke at a LGBT community center in the Village recently. This is the first time that a sitting NAACP president has visited a LGBT center. He was there to promote One Nation Working Together march on Washington, D.C. We like that the NAACP is bridging the gap. [The Root]
- T.I.’s legal problems are only causing more issues for him. The rapper canceled yet another performance, this time in Pennsylvania. Ludacris filled in for him. [Perez Hilton]
- Kanye West appeared on the season premiere of “The Cleveland Show” last night. He reprised his role of Kenny West and the first episode even featured a new song from Kanye and Mike Henry, the voice of Cleveland Brown. Good stuff. [Perez Hilton]
Check out Jill Scott’s live performance of “A Long Walk” at the 2010 ESSENCE Music Festival on our new Vevo channel.
- Michael Jackson’s former bodyguard has released a video statement detailing why he believes he is the father of Blanket Jackson. Matthew Fiddes donated sperm to MJ in 2001, one year prior to Blanket’s birth. You think this is true? [TMZ]