Let’s get the day started with a bubbling hot cup of Coffee Talk!
- We all waited patiently for Sade to deliver new music, and now she’s embarking on her first global tour in a decade, which will begin in Baltimore, Maryland on June 16th, 2011. Tickets go on sale on October 16th. This is epic! With everyone so in love with her new CD, we can only imagine how hard it’ll be getting a ticket. [Facebook]
- President Obama admits that’s he’s moved on from Jay-Z and is now into Lil Wayne and Nas. And he has his personal aide, Reggie Love, to thank. He says, “Jay-Z used to be sort of what predominated, but now I’ve got a little Nas and a little Lil Wayne and some other stuff, but I would not claim to be an expert.” [Hip-Hop Wired/Rolling Stone]
- Remember we told you that Mariah Carey fell while on stage in Singapore? Her rep said Mariah twisted her ankle on stage that night. She was seen returning to L.A. in a wheelchair. Poor thing, we hope she’ll learn that sometimes flats are a good idea. Get well soon. [People]
- Jill Marie Jones, T-Boz, Allen Payne and Tank are all joining forces to star in Je’Caryous Johnson’s play “Marriage Material.” With this kind of a cast, this sounds like a good show. We’ll be watching! [YBF]
- Keri Hilson debuted her new single last night. She performed “Pretty Girl Rock” which is scheduled to be released on October 12th. This is a cute look for Miss Keri. We’re liking this one this morning. [Vibe]
Check out Jill Scott’s live performance of “A Long Walk” at the 2010 ESSENCE Music Festival on our new Vevo channel.
- David Letterman recently opened up about his infamous feud with Oprah Winfrey that ended back in 2005. He and his then girlfriend had skipped out on a check, leaving Oprah the bill. The thing is, Oprah didn’t know she would be picking up his tab; they hadn’t even dined together… thus the feud began… smh. [NY Post]