See what we’re chatting about over coffee:
• TV journalist Roland Martin will launch his own morning news show this September. According to a press release, New One Now, on TV One, will showcase the Black perspective on politics, entertainment, sports and culture. Viewers will be able to participate and listen to the show via the radio and online as well. “African-Americans are some of the most highly engaged cable news consumers, and it’s vital that we meet that thirst with a daily morning show that speaks to our issues, our concerns, from our perspective,” said Martin.
• Kenya Moore is apologizing to NeNe Leakes for missing her wedding last month. The reality TV diva said she was in Africa during the time. “NeNe I love you,” said Moore. “I will send you the most incredible gift. I will buy several things on your gift registry and have them special delivered. But more importantly, you know I love you, and I really appreciate you and I really am sorry that I wasn’t able to make your special day.” [Grio]
• Nick Cannon says his wife Mariah Carey is a trooper. He told the Today show that Carey’s injuries were more serious than originally reported. Carey fell wearing a full gown and heels while recording a music video on Sunday. “Not only did she dislocate her shoulder, she actually cracked a rib and… she chipped her shoulder bone,” said Cannon. Even though he wanted to escort his wife to the hospital, she made him finish out the video shoot without her. She later returned that night to finish up her part. [CNN]
• Nicki Minaj says she wants to become a mother one day. She told Marie Claire, “… ‘I want to start becoming the woman who I want to parent my child,'” said Minaj referring to what she says in her prayers to God. “I wanted all the feelings of entitlement to leave me, because some people have this life for a year or five or 10—and a lot of them lose it. I didn’t want to become a person who wasn’t enjoying the moment.” [Extra TV]
• Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor is out now on DVD. The film, which was released on March 29th, stars Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Lance Gross, Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Williams, Robbie Jones and Brandy Norwood. To date, the film has earned more than $50 million at the box office.