The TV anchor was originally schedule to take medical leave after Friday's show.
See why we’re nuking day old coffee:
• Robin Roberts has had an unexpected change in plans. The Good Morning America anchor originally planned to make her grand exit for medical leave after Friday’s show, however she will now exit as soon as today’s show is over. She told viewers, “I’m having to move up my schedule.” She will fly home to be with her ailing 88-year-old mother in the “Hurricane Isaac zone,” reports People. “I am very blessed. Forty percent of Americans can’t even take a sick day, and here I know that I’m going to have a job when I come back,” said Roberts. [People]
• Trey Songz earned his first number one album of his career this week. The singer’s fifth studio album, Chapter V, sold 135,000 copies. It’s the follow up to 2010’s Passion, Pain & Pleasure. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Jordin Sparks thinks Nicki Minaj would be an awesome American Idol judge. “I think Nicki [Minaj] would be great,” said Sparks at the U.S. Open. “It would be so fun to see what she does because she’s so unpredictable. I met her the other day, and she is so sweet.” It’s not clear who will take the remaining judge seat on the show. [NY Post]
• Steve Harvey’s new talk show debuts on September 4 and it will focus on “regular” people according to him. “They are the most interesting people, plus, they show up,” he says. Will you be watching Steve Harvey’s new show this fall? [Grio]
• Members of the Jackson family gathered outside their former Gary, Indiana home yesterday for a vigil to mark what would have been Michael Jackson’s 54th birthday. Paris and Prince were on hand for the festivities, but didn’t speak during the event. They were seen signing autographs for fans afterwards. [Fox News]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!