- Rihanna is aiming really high for her next album. Def Jam A&R exec Bu Thiam says he’s pushing RiRi to shoot for Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.” Think she can do it? [Marquee]
- In the July issue of Elle, Alicia Keys talks about her authenticity, saying, “My look isn’t plotted out, like, I’m going to have red hair because it’s a new record. It has to be genuine, not a branding concept.” [Elle]
- As Gary Coleman requested, the actor’s remains were cremated yesterday, three weeks after his death. His ashes are locked up, waiting for a court to decide where they go. [CNN]
- Apparently, Barack Obama’s Oval Office speech on the Gulf Coast oil spill went over a lot of Americans’ heads. [CNN]
- Madame Tussauds wax museum unveiled Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. statues. They are kind of unbelievable. [MTV]
- Mel B says she keeps her sexy figure by having sex with her husband five times a day. Sex, it does a body good. [People]
- Here come the recalls. Campbell Soup Co. is pulling nearly 15 million pounds of canned “SpaghettOs with Meatballs.” [CNN]
- Oprah Winfrey, Will.I.Am and the Muppets are among 30 stars who will be honored with Hollywood Walk of Fame stars. [AP]
- Eating more could be the key to weight loss. Yes, it does sound suspicious, but check this out. [CNN]
- And, just because it’s Friday and this is so cute, check out this Brazilian baby working it out to samba.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!