Oprah's OWN continues to struggle in light of receiving an $15M boost.
It’s Friday! See what little surprise we’re sprinkling in our morning brew:
- Oprah’s new business venture OWN continues to struggle. Their mega supporter Discovery Communication has poured a whopping $15M into the network and has seen little results. It’s not clear what’s keeping OWN from succeeding — it just seems out of character for the network to not be shining. [Clutch]
- Whoopi Goldberg’s daughter Alex Martin remarried her ex-husband Bernard Dean in Las Vegas! Goldberg was in attendance. [People]
- Sherri Shepherd was pretty upset when she arrived to her hotel room not to find a Bible! “Left my Bible @home. No Bible in my hotel room. Front desk says they don’t carry Bibles. Shouldn’t be this hard 2 find #Jesus #GetonMyKnees.” [Jezebel]
- Alicia Keys hosted her 8th annual Black Ball event benefiting her Keep a Child Alive charity last night. Usher, Tyra Banks, Kerry Washington, LaLa and Carmelo Anthony were all on hand to celebrate. [YBF]
- The Jackson family praised an emotional new documentary entitled “Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon.” Tito and Rebbie Jackson were on hand to view the documentary last night in downtown New York City. [EURweb]
- Eddie Murphy says he won’t be cursing when it’s time for him to host the 2012 Oscars. “I don’t plan on cursing. I’m not going to… say ‘sh*t’ — I’m going to say other things,” he told Ellen DeGeneres. [RadarOnline]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!