Here's what got our coffee pot boiling hot: Solange is quite upset with Sarah Palin. Quincy Jones admitted that he doesn't think so highly of Kanye West. And Oprah has once again outdone herself. Yesterday she aired a historic second episode of her "Favorite Things" and gave away her best gift to date. Check out the video... Here's what you had to say: Ave commented via Facebook: "Oprah, keep blessing your fans!" Shawn wrote via Facebook: "I wish more people were as generous as her."
Here’s what got our coffee pot boiling hot:
- No one does it like Oprah. For the first and last time ever, she aired part two of her “Favorite Things” episode. She completely surprised a second audience with iPads, $2,000 diamond earrings and a brand new 2012 Volkswagon Beetle and more. Oprah is this generation’s great giver. Below, check out her giving away the biggest gift she’s given yet… [YBF]
- Are Kim Kardashian and Gabriel Aubry dating? Page Six is reporting that the two were seen getting “cozy” at an L.A. Lakers game on Sunday night, and it’s not the first time, either. Comments, anyone? [Page Six]
- More details from Fantasia’s love life are coming out. When she testified at Antwaun Cook’s divorce proceedings she admitted to ending her pregnancy early — around the time she attempted suicide. She’s had a rough year, let’s hope the holidays help with her spirits. [Clutch Magazine]
- Solange took to Twitter to share her feelings about Sarah Palin. The youngest Knowles is not feeling Mrs. Palin at all. “I’m SICK of Republican shenanigans. You want tax cut for the rich but vote NO on extending unemployment insurance. Then Sarah Palin wants to call Michelle a racist? Says that they listened to rants about white people in church… & that makes them racist,” Solange said. [Solange’s Twitter]
- Quincy Jones admitted that he doesn’t think much about Kanye West. Jones got upset when an usmagazine.com reporter likened West to Jones. “No way. Did he write for a symphony orchestra? Does he write for a jazz orchestra? Come on, man… He’s just a rapper. There’s no comparison… we come from two different sides of the planet,” Jones said. [EurWeb]
- Justin Bieber’s mentor, Usher, said “It was an out-of-body experience… I don’t cry that often, but I did” about watching Bieber onstage. Not to be a hater, but did he deliver that great of a performance or was this a proud papa type feeling? Either way. congrats to Bieber for taking home numerous AMAs! [Pop Eater]
- Calling all students! Sprite has launched a nationwide search for students who will be empowered to write, produce or direct short films featuring high-profile celebrities as members of one of six all-youth film crews. Log on to [SpriteRefreshingFilms.com] to apply for a position as a screenwriter, film crew member or staff intern for the chance to work behind-the-scenes on a short film that is influenced by the following theme. Deadline to apply is November 30th. It’s an awesome way to get a celebrity mentor and work on achieving your dreams!
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!