Mel B welcoming a baby girl tops our news roundup this morning.
TGIF! See what type of donuts we’re dunking in our morning brew:
- After patiently waiting for her baby to arrive, Mel B finally gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. “Finally our baby arrives. Stephen nearly passed out, Phoenix screamed, I laughed so hard the baby popped out!! She is just so amazing” she tweeted. Congratulations to the happy couple. [People]
- The Queen of Soul is set to open for the President of the United States. Aretha Franklin has agreed to warm up the crowd before Obama takes the stage in Detroit, Michigan. [Grio]
- Believe it or not Katt Williams is apologizing for his xenophobic rant last weekend. He verbally attacked a Mexican in his audience. “My remarks were not meant to be offensive. I want to apologize if my comedy act was taken out of context,” he said. [Clutch]
- PETA is getting pretty nasty these days. Now they’re attacking Rihanna for her green feathered number she wore last week. “We keep hoping that Rihanna, a victim of violence herself, will learn to open her heart and start empathizing with the suffering of others. That includes the animals who are beaten, gassed, electrocuted and poisoned to be turned into fashion accessories,” said Sandra Smiley a spokeswoman for PETA. [TGJ]
- For those of you who thought Lil Wanye had lots his touch — think again. The rapper is on track to sell between 925K to 975K units. That’s double what Kanye and Jay-Z sold when “Watch the Throne” was released. [TGJ]
- The paychecks keep rolling in for Forest Whitaker. TNT has ordered a drama co-written by Whitaker called “H.I.K.E.” We’ll be watching closely to see if the network picks it up. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!