Mary J. Blige tweets her feelings over not receiving an Oscar nomination.
- The 2012 Oscar nominations were announced yesterday and to much surprise, Mary J. Blige wasn’t nominated for Best Original Song for “Living Proof.” She took to her Twitter account to express her feelings. “I’m so thankful for true fans like you all. It saddens me and feels like the Academy is being mean. To only nominate two of the five slots is…” [YBF]
- Tracy Morgan was released from a Utah hospital yesterday after suddenly falling unconscious at the Sundance Film Festival. He was treated for altitude sickness. [Grio]
- Star Jones will return to “The View” in February. The former talk show host will make an appearance to talk about heart disease among women. [Huffington Post]
- Halle Berry went to court yesterday to ask a judge to block Gabriel Aubry from seeing Nahla. Apparently, the judge’s decision will have to wait until Monday. The judge who was originally handling the case is on vacation. [EURweb]
- After reopening last week and being shut down this week for health code violations, Jay-Z’s 40/40 is back up and running. All of the club’s health violations were corrected. [EURweb]
- Ne-Yo has parted ways with his longtime record label, Def Jam. He has signed a record deal with Motown Records — in addition he will serve as the company’s Senior VP of A&R. [TGJ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!