Magic Johnson has big plans for the now defunct show, Soul Train.
See what has us adding a little cream to our brew:
- Magic Johnson is planning to revive the Soul Train brand. His company, Soul Train Holdings LLC has several ideas including creating a Soul Train variety show and a possible Broadway play. A Soul Train cruise is already scheduled to set sail in 2013. [EURweb]
- After appearing on The View yesterday, Star Jones is planning to turn her book, Satan’s Sisters, into a VH1 movie. [Perez Hilton]
- Tyler Perry says he has the perfect role for Diana Ross. “It’s a jazz movie set in the 1940s, and [Ross] would play a jazz singer who runs a juke joint, and I just wish she would do it,” says Perry. [Perez Hilton]
- Over 5M people tuned into CNN over the weekend to see Whitney Houston’s home-going service. It was a major ratings improvement for the network who normally averages about 10 times less viewers. [EURweb]
- Conrad Murray is looking to get out of jail earlier than expected. He has filed papers asking that his manslaughter conviction be overturned. He wants to prove that Michael Jackson was stressed over money troubles and that he allegedly self-administered his final dose of propofol. [TMZ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!