Loretta Devine will receive a Lifetime Achievement award for her 30 year career.
TGIF! Check out why we’re dunking donuts in our brew:
- Former Black Women in Hollywood honoree, Loretta Devine, will be given the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Pan African Film Festival for her 30 plus year career in television, film and theater. The ceremony will be held on Friday, February 10. Congratulations, Loretta! [EURweb]
- Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together” sales have skyrocketed by 490% because of President Obama. The President sang the tune to a crowded room at the Apollo last week and since then, Green has sold 16,000 downloads. [Hollywood Reporter]
- In other music news, Etta James’ album sales have risen since her death. “The Best of Etta James — 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection” went from no. 162 to no. 46 on the Billboard 200. Her funeral is scheduled for tomorrow. [Perez Hilton]
- It’s possible that Jennifer Hudson’s family murder trial could be televised. A Supreme Court judge cleared the way for cameras and microphones to be allowed in the courtroom. [Clutch Magazine]
- Diddy is asking you to party with him after the Grammys. He’s hosting a black-tie affair to benefit HIV/AIDS at the Playboy Mansion and tickets range from $1,500 to $50,000. [TMZ]
- Michael Jackson’s kids paid tribute to him yesterday by memorializing him with a hand and footprint ceremony outside of Hollywood’s Grauman’s Chinese Theater. “This, right here, is his lifetime achievement award,” said Prince. [People]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!