We are traveling to New Orleans so we are taking an afternoon coffee break. Here’s what’s simmering around the table today in NOLA: LeBron James, Katherine Jackson, and Fonzworth Bentely. And, the list goes on. The wait is over. LeBron James is now a free agent. The cool gent Fonzworth Bentely finally put a ring on it. MJ fans can relive his heydays, courtesy of mother, Katherine. Plus, your little ones can now look fierce in the sandbox.
- The wait is over. LeBron James is now a free agent. Chicago Bulls, the Knicks, and the Nets just might have a shot at bringing the King into their hometown. If the gifted baller decided to stay in Cleveland, Ohio, he can earn perhaps $125 million over six years, but if he goes he can earn $96 million in five years.[AP]
- “Never Can Say Goodbye,” by Katherine Jackson is set to hit bookstores soon, but now coauthor Howard Mann, will also produce a movie that will highlight video from Michael Jackson’s childhood through the end of his life. Word is Mrs. Jackson has hundreds of hours of video, such as the family’s move from Gary, Indiana to Hollywood. [TMZ]
- The always well-dressed gentleman, Fonzworth Bentley, just announced his engagement to actress and longtime girlfriend, Faune Chambers. Bentley, 36 proposed to Chambers, 33, with a 3-carat asscher-cut diamond from NYC’s Ozuro Fine Jewelry. The two are set to be married “pretty soon,” Bentley told US Weekly. We wish the happy couple continued love.[US Weekly]
- Supermodel, Naomi Campbell, is being subpoenaed to appear in the war-crime trial of former Liberian president, Charles Taylor, for allegedly accepting diamond gifts from him. After a year of avoiding international prosecutors and claiming she “does not want to be involved with the case,” Campbell will be forced to appear in the witness stand. [Yahoo! News]
- Tiger Woods and his soon-to-be ex-wife, Elin Nordegren have come to an agreement. The former nanny is reportedly walking away with $750 million, which equals three-quarters of the golf star’s $1 billion fortune. [Popeater]
- The little ones will now have the chance to make bolder fashion statements on the playground. Cynthia Rowley is set to create a new design for Pampers. This is the company’s first line of fashion diapers for baby girls and boys. The line will appear at Target this month. [stylist.com]
For all things Coffee Talk, click here.
- Michael Jackson’s son, 13-year-old Prince Michael, appeared to have white patches under his arm while on a family vacation in Hawaii. Media outlets are speculating that he could be suffering from vitiligo, the condition that causes depigmentation of the skin–the same disease Michael Jackson suffered from later in his career. [Huffington Post]