It's a new day at Essence.com, and we've got a hot cup of cafe mocha to indulge in this morning! Check out our hottest topics of the day...
It’s a new day at Essence.com and we’ve got a hot cup of cafe mocha to indulge on this morning!
- Although LeBron didn’t get a championship ring this week, he shouldn’t have too much to be sad about since he was named on the Forbes annual “Best-Paid Celebrities Under 30” list. Alongside King James, who earned $48 million last year, was none other than Queen Bey herself. Beyonce ranked 8th on the list, earning $35 million, a big drop from the previous year, when she was #1 on the list with earnings of $87 million. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- Marlon Wayans is the latest celeb to voice his opinion on Tracy Morgan’s anti-gay rant. “He has the right to say what he says,” Wayans told reporters, according to Entertainment Weekly. “But he has to be a little more responsible and write a little bit and think a little more before he does it next time.” [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Tisha Campbell Martin is starring in a new drama series on Lifetime. The actress will star in “The Protector,” in which she plays an LAPD detective who helps her partner sift through personal drama going on in her life. [EURweb]
- Rihanna is causing a stir on Twitter — again, this time over a run-in with an angry fan at McDonald’s. The fan tweeted at her, “Why you stormin out and bumpin in to ppl at McDonalds @rihanna ?? Not very nice of you, come to our city and act up!” Rihanna fired back, “I was in McD’z for 3 seconds! If I bumped into u, obviously it was an accident! Didn’t notice… #sensitive” [Singersroom]
- Eric Bolling, a host on FOX News, has apologized for racist remarks he made last week about President Obama. Bolling previously remarked on-air, “Guess who’s coming to dinner? A dictator,” speaking of the President. “It’s not the first time he’s had a hoodlum in the hizzouse,” Bolling continued, referring to rapper Common, who recently attended a poetry event at the White House. Bolling came to his senses on Monday, stating, “We got a little fast and loose with the language, and we know it’s been interpreted as being disrespectful, and for that, I’m sorry.” [NY Daily News]
- Speaking of our Commander in Chief, First Lady Michelle Obama has teamed with Nickelodeon to appear as a special guest on the hit show, “iCarly.” Mrs. Obama filmed her appearance on Monday, in which she plays herself and speaks about the importance of military families. Watch a sneak peek of the clip below. [Popeater]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!