The actress best known for her dramatic performances will starr in a new comedy.
Check out why we’re grinding our own coffee beans this morning:
- Powerhouse actress Kimberly Elise is heading back to TV with a scripted VH1 series. Elise, alongside Dean Cain and Charlotte Ross, will star in Bounce, a show about a Los Angeles professional dance team. The series is set to begin production early next year. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Legendary rocker Chuck Berry will be honored at the 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony this fall. Berry will be recognized as part of the American Music Masters series. [EURweb]
- Paris Jackson denies reports that her aunt, Janet, slapped her in an argument yesterday. The Jackson family tensions continue to rise as Randy, Jermaine and Janet tried but failed to take away Michael’s three kids. [Radar Online]
- Now that Mariah Carey will be making a whopping $18M for judging one season of American Idol, Fox president Kevin Reilly says he rather have mean judges on the show. “Look, ultimately you do want criticism… two years ago, it wasn’t an issue. It was a breath of fresh air.” [NY Post]
- Jordin Sparks says she didn’t always have good self-esteem when it came to filming Sparkle. “I had to believe in myself and say, ‘They picked me, they put me here, they cast me for this. I know I have what it takes to do this,'” she told AOL Music. Sparks says she owes much of her confidence boost to her co-star Whitney Houston and the rest of the cast, “The cast was so amazing, helping me with open arms.” [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!