"So it's a conversation we have, but we're not in a rush," says Sparks.
See why we’re have plain black coffee today:
• Are there wedding bells in the air for Jordin Sparks? The singer says she and boyfriend Jason Derulo are already talking marriage. She told US Weekly, “You really see the people you love and go, ‘I don’t want to lose you.’ So it’s a conversation we have, but we’re not in a rush.” But when asked if she wants Derulo to propose she said, “I hope he does! It’s not happening yet, but I hope so!” [US Weekly]
• Octavia Spencer is a children’s book author. The Oscar winning actress will be releasing a pair of detective novels for middle school kids. The first of which, Randi Rhodes, Ninja Detective: The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit will be released next fall. [The Grio]
• Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon happened to be in the right place at the right time over the weekend. The couple ran to the rescue of a collapsed man in an Atlanta parking lot. Gordon reportedly helped pull the man out of his car and laid him on the ground. The couple also held the man’s legs while CPR was performed. [YBF]
• Is Halle Berry related to former vice president candidate Sarah Palin? Berry told Extra, “You wanna know who I’m related to? Sarah Palin… That’s what I said,” she expressed. “In some twisted way… somebody sent me this information that was my distant…” Berry never clarified in what way she was related to Palin. [Extra]
• President Obama will appear on the The Daily Show this coming Thursday. It will be the president’s sixth visit to the show and his second since taking office. There’s no word on what the topic of discussion will be. [Grio]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!