Jay-Z to release an expanded version of "Decoded" in stores November 1st.
See what’s got our coffee mugs overflowing:
- Jay-Z is gearing up to release an expanded edition of “Decoded,” his 2010 best-selling memoir. This version will include songs that weren’t previously included. It’s slated to hit stores November 1st. [NYMag]
- In other Jay-Z news, he and Kanye West are being sued for allegedly sampling “Different Strokes” by Syl Johnson without his permission. Johnson is the latest music veteran to sue for unauthorized sampling. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Toni Braxton is denying that she’s dating Terrence J from “106 & Park.” “I am NOT dating Terrence J from the show. I think he’s eye candy for the YOUNGER girl. However, I’m a little older, parts of me are young,” she tweeted. [EURweb]
- The Michael Jackson Doctor Trial has been delayed until Wednesday. Apparently, a judge is giving defense attorneys time to look over test results from the coroner’s office on the level of Lorazepam found in Jackson’s stomach. [Fox News]
- Meagan Good says she’s in love with God these days. In a soon-to-be released “Sister 2 Sister” interview, the movie star said she’s not dating anyone, but, “I met someone special, but you know what? I’m so in love with God right now. I’m being focused on being married to God.” [Grio]
- Want to be a pop star? Andre Harrell has set up a talent search for the next big thing. You can send your videos and audio featuring your best original music or cover through the Blazetrak outlet. [Vibe]
- Kanye West surprised guests at George Condo’s new Hayward Gallery opening on Monday. He performed a 30 minute show where he sang most of his songs from his “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” album. West his a huge supporter and collector of Condo’s work. Condo created five versions of “Twisted Fantasy” for West. [Phaidon]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!