R&B rising star, Jason Derulo fractured his neck while practicing an acrobatic move.
TGIF! Check out why we’re pressing our own coffee this morning:
- Jason Derulo fractured his neck while practicing an acrobatic move. According to reports he barely missed paralyzing himself. He was rushed to a Florida hospital and was ordered to wear a neck brace for the next few months. As a result, all promotional appearances and concert dates have been canceled. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Rihanna is a top selling diva! She is the highest selling digital artist of 2011. She’s had more than 47.5M digital downloads. [EURweb]
- Although Nick Cannon was transported to an L.A. County hospital yesterday, he says he’s “back to business” after suffering mild kidney failure. He tweeted a photo of himself receiving a haircut in his hospital room. [Hollywood Life]
- Although Beyonce has never tweeted a single thing, she’s experiencing a surge in followers. In the past week, while rumors of her baby birth ran wild, she received a 146% increase in followers — placing her at #15 on Billboard’s Social 50 chart. [TGJ]
- Aretha Franklin’s father is being honored at the 20th Annual Trumpet Awards Race Relations Symposium. Her dad, Rev. C.L. Franklin, is being recognized for his civil rights work. She will be on hand this Saturday to receive the award. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!