Whitney Houston and Jordin Sparks team up for "Celebrate" from their upcoming movie.
See why we’re having a little fruit with our morning brew:
- It’s been quite some time since fans heard new music from Whitney Houston. “Celebrate,” Houston’s last recorded song, is from her upcoming film Sparkle. The upbeat track features vocals from Jordin Sparks. Sparkle hits theaters August 17. Listen to “Celebrate” below.
- T.I. is offering some parenting advice to Jay-Z. The rapper says Jay-Z must win Blue Ivy’s heart at a young age. “Little girls are going to judge men they meet in the future based off how their father treated them. You’ve got to be her first love, her first everything so when she runs into nonsense on the street then she’ll know, ‘Nah, my daddy would never do it like that, so this isn’t even worth my time or attention.'” [Bossip]
- Chaka Khan will honor her friend, the late Whitney Houston, at this year’s 2012 Apollo Theater gala on June 4. In addition, Lionel Richie and the late Etta James will be inducted into its hall of fame. [EURweb]
- Three men were arraigned on Sunday for the assault and carjacking of pastor Marvin Winans last week. The young men are charged with carjacking, unarmed robbery and conspiracy. They are being held on $200,00 bail. [Bossip]
- Beyoncé has tapped Luke James to open her Memorial Weekend performances at Revel in Atlantic City. James is no stranger to Beyoncé, he’s worked with her several times before including her “Run the World” video as the leading male dancer. [TGJ]
- Rihanna’s Battleship didn’t do so hot at the box-office this weekend. The movie earned $25.3M. Unfortunately, Universal spent an astounding $209M to create it. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!