Halle Berry wins her latest custody battle in court. Plus, Beyonce's pregnancy delays film.
- Halle Berry can officially take Nahla wherever she goes around the world. The actress won the latest round of custody battles on Friday in Los Angeles. A judge agreed with Berry and said she may take little Nahla to Europe while filming an upcoming movie. We wonder how Mr. Gabriel Aubry feels about this? [NY Post]
- Hurricane Irene postponed funeral services for the legendary Nick Ashford this weekend. The star was scheduled to be buried on Saturday with services held at Abyssinian Baptist Church in Harlem — services will now be held this evening at 6:30 p.m. [EURweb]
- Will Beyonce’s pregnancy delay production of “A Star is Born?” It looks that way. According to an insider, Clint Eastwood has agreed to postpone the film until Beyonce has delivered her baby and is working again. [Huffington Post]
- Diddy never ceases to amaze us. This time the rapper and mogul is planning to produce a coffee table book all about the bottom — that’s right. The book is due out on November 22nd. We’re not so sure that’s the best choice for a coffee table book. [Bossip]
- NBA player Ron Artest will have to wait a few more days to officially change his name to “Metta World Peace.” The court has decided to delay the name change due to outstanding traffic warrants. Good luck with that. [EURweb]
- In other NBA news, former player Jarvis Crittenton has been charged with murder in connection with a woman fatally shot in Atlanta. Unfortunately, Crittenton is still on the run — authorities have not apprehended him yet. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!