The Academy Award winning actress took a nasty spill, hitting her head on concrete.
See why we’re adding a dash of skim milk to our brew:
- Halle Berry is no stranger to getting hurt on set. The actress took a nasty spill, hitting her head on concrete last night while shooting a sequence for her new film, The Hive. She was immediately taken to Cedars Sinai Medical Center. A rep for Berry said, “[She] suffered a minor head injury… She was taken to the hospital as a precaution, but she checked out healthy and was released. She’ll continue to production as planned.” Last year, Berry broke her foot while shooting the film Cloud Atlas, in 2004 she suffered a head injury while filming Catwoman, in 2003 Berry broke her arm while filming Gothika and in 2002 she suffered an eye injury on the set of Die Another Day. [TMZ] [Daily News]
- Jamie Foxx is commending his friend, Tom Cruise, on settling his divorce so quickly. He told Extra, “You have to commend him for already settling everything… and sort of like nipping things in the bud… I think that’s a testimony to both of their characters because I have two kids… and the only thing that matters in the world are those two children.” [Extra]
- Mary J. Blige is heading to NBC’s The Voice. The singer and ESSENCE Music Festival headliner will be a mentor for Adam Levine’s team. “I love Adam, he’s amazing. I’m so happy to be working with him and his team,” said Blige. [EURweb]
- Django Unchained starring Jamie Foxx almost wasn’t. In fact, Will Smith nearly locked on the role, but due to scheduling conflicts, he wasn’t able to commit. “…I didn’t want to hold [Quentin Tarantino] up. That thing’s going to be ridiculous. It is a genius screenplay,” said Smith. [Grio]
- Robin Thicke is following in the footsteps of his wife, Paula Patton. The singer just nabbed his very first movie role in indie film Abby in the Summer. Thicke plays the former lover of the lead character. It’s set to begin filming in Los Angeles next week. [Bossip]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!