Here’s why we’re skipping the joe and heading straight for the coffee cake this morning:
- It looks like things may be getting ugly for beautiful Halle Berry. Black Voices is reporting that she suddenly pulled out of her new movie and “cleared her schedule” to focus on an upcoming custody battle. It appears that Gabriel Aubrey’s December trip to the courthouse to establish paternity over Nahla may have set things in motion. “She has attempted to resolve these custody issues amicably with her daughter’s father, Gabriel Aubry, directly but given his lack of of cooperation, Halle has no choice but to seek swift judicial intervention,” said a rep. [BV]
- The co-hosts of “The View” are set to do a group interview with the one and only Oprah Winfrey. The women are said to be flying to Chicago to appear on an upcoming episode. They are scheduled to tape their interview on February 11th. Can’t wait to see that episode. [EURweb]
- Last summer, Idris Elba announced he was in talks to play the character Alex Cross in an upcoming thriller, but it looks like things have changed. Elba is out and Tyler Perry is in. This is exciting news! Let’s see if he can bring the character to life like Morgan Freeman did in “Kiss the Girls,” and “Along Came a Spider.” [BV]
- Diddy reportedly gave his son Justin a limousine version of a Maybach for making the honor roll. The car reportedly cost $390,000. “Justin has turned himself around and is now an honors student, which he wasn’t before, so I wanted to treat him,” said Diddy. Imagine what he gets for taking out the trash… [Pop Eater]
- Mariah Carey has caught the cooking bug. Nick Cannon says she’s “doing a lot of cooking,” but isn’t eating it. Instead she’s fattening up her husband! “So, she cooks it, then makes me eat it. I’m the one gaining all the weight!” Aw, these two are too cute sometimes. [Pop Eater]
- Children are a blessing, says Jennifer Lopez. The new “American Idol” judge says her twins saved her marriage. “The kids made Marc and I stronger… There have been tough times. Having kids made us both see that there’s a bigger picture…” At least she’s honest… [Bossip]
- Rihanna is serving up a little sex this morning. Check out the video for her new single, “S&M.” Are you feeling the fun and flirty video?