- Gabrielle Union is the latest celebrity coming out with a clothing line. Love & Blessings by Gabrielle will feature clothes for plus-sized women. She says, “My sister is very plus-size and curvy… As with many Black women, we have a harder time finding clothes to complement our curves…” [Black Voices]
- Solange was one of a hundred people invited to Tom Ford’s top-secret spring 2011 womenswear show. She wore a sassy little outfit that’s easy to duplicate. Take a look at how you can recreate it yourself. [The Frisky]
- Just in time for the holidays, President Obama is releasing a children’s book called, “Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters.” It will highlight 13 Americans who have shaped history, from a manuscript completed before he took office. The book hits shelves November 16th. [CNN]
- “Sesame Street” always knows how bring in the biggest names in entertainment. Will.I.Am is the latest celeb to join the lovable gang. He sang an original song, “What I Am,” and it’s worth playing for your kids. [NY Mag]
- Oprah to the rescue, once again. She seems to be a modern day fairy godmother. This time she’s saving Australia’s tourism industry. Her mega-trip giveaway on the season premiere of her show could breathe new life into Australia’s economy. [The Celeb Cafe]
- *2 Snaps* Ladies, you might need a refresher on how to get the sassy back in your morning routine. We’ve got just the tutorial for you. Check it out! [The Daily Wh.at]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!