Common addresses Maya Angelou's comments about his usage of the n-word.
Check out why we’re adding a little extra half and half this morning:
- After Maya Angelou told the New York Post she was disappointed in Common’s N-word usage on a song she was featured on, Common took it upon himself to respond to the situation. He says, “Of course we don’t agree on everything in life. I respect that because [Maya Angelou] is someone who is learned in many ways. Yea, she’s never been an advocate of the N-word, which is something that I have used and use in my music. But we can agree to disagree.” [Punchbowlblog]
- Sanaa Lathan is responding to rumors that she is romantically linked to Kobe Bryant, who is currently going through a divorce. Lathan tweeted, “Anybody who pays attention knows I’m not his type… Blank stare. #Blackgirlsrock #Dontbelievethelies.” [ClutchMagazine]
- India Arie’s former manager is suing her. Noreen Nalli claims that Arie’s alleged lack of interest in working cost her money. Arie is counter suing and claims she overpaid Nalli for her services. [TMZ]
- Nick Cannon is giving back this holiday season. Over the weekend he and several others packed 10,000 pounds of food, the equivalent of 7,500 meals, for local families at the L.A. Regional Food Bank. [Vibe]
- Charles Barkley is set to host “Saturday Night Live” for the third time this coming January. Kelly Clarkson will be the musical guest that night. Can’t wait to see the big man in action. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!